Friday, February 3, 2012

"don't count the days, make the days count"

Today was a reminder that it is not my job to jump to conclusions about what I'll be able to do from now on. Yesterday,my left hand and leg did not work. I had to have my father pull me in and out of bed and hold me up while I used the bathroom. Today I can get myself out of bed, granted it takes tremendous effort. I'm not sure why these changes occurred or if they're permanent. Point is I'll take them. This is just one day. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? I don't but I'm looking forward to it because it is a new day.
To those who're going to visit please just check in prior to coming. I don't want to have too many people all at once. You don't have to bring anything. But please no sweets, my blood sugar has been a bit high and there is a connection between high blood sugar and the occurrence of siezuress. Nuts, trail mix, fruits, veggies, all ok, no coffee drinks no sodas, no candy no cakes
I'm working on getting a conference room to watch the pats take the title so some people can come watch. It won't be ideal hd television and it will be in a hospital with a few unapologetic pats fans. Let me know if you might be interested. Space will be limited no pressure either way. I'll also have to head to bed right after because surgery is scheduledvfor 730 am Monday.

1 comment:

katieicunurse said...

Today's gonna be good day.
Your owed after that upset last night...
I prayed for Dr Q....not that God owes me any favors but, asked anyway that doc be focused & guided while touching your amazing brain today...
Your in my thoughts as always...