Monday, June 20, 2011

big day

First off some house keeping issues: I realize that many of you are concerned about me and want updates about what is going on instantly, but this is a slow process at times. The blog will be updated regularly by my sister and my family so please check back regularly. My sister will be available for calls and texts but please be understanding that she does not need to be overwhelmed during such a stressful process and will do her best to update everyone.

For those of you who know me even for a little while it becomes fairly evident that the best way to try to get me to do something is to tell me that I can't do it and I'll go to extreme lengths to make sure I can. Obviously the challenge which I am again faced with is of a different nature. This is a somewhat familiar challenge but nonetheless daunting. To try to say this is fair or part of a plan is honestly not something I can willingly subscribe to. To try to figure out "why me" or "what did I do" is even less productive. All I can say at this point is that I can take it. I know this because all of you have constantly reminded me how strong I am.

I wish I had enough time to talk with everyone that I have heard from this past week. The honest to god truth is that I did not have time to talk with each one of you because i have had so many people call, e-mail, text, and visit. This is for everyone. At times it could be said that I have a bad habit of not throwing things away in my life; old clothes, documents, or knickknacks of various kinds. This week and the support I have received has made me realize that I seem to have a habit of doing the same with people. This is one habit I have no regrets about. I have so many people that care about me in my life that I am literally amazed.

I can't say I have always known what I wanted to do with my life or why I'm doing things. I will say that as I have gone along throughout my life my one consistent goal has been to make impression of some kind on those that I have encountered. This week has given me a wonderful sense of fulfillment because I have realized that if nothing else to this point in life that goal is intact.

1 comment:

Alexandra Stafford said...

Thinking about you, of course, and your family. Lots of love,

Ali