First let me say thanks for all the prayers and well wishing. I'm going to tell all of you everything I know to this point, I wish I could tell you more. At this point my doctors have decided to discontinue with the chemo therapy that I was doing. It obviously is not effective since another tumor has started to grow despite doing it. We may change chemo therapy drugs.
Starting radiation again is something we're going to explore. I have an appointment next thurs. with a radio-oncologist. He will evaluate the likelihood that radiation therapy will have any effect on the tumor.We did not do that in the first place because it is not proven to be effectiveon a tumor within the same radiation field as a previous tumor.
My oncologist has informed me that the options we're discussing are not likely to be solutions. Any effect that they may have is likely to just be temporary. So, I am not inclined to do things which will make whatever time I have left miserable.
I am exploring clinical trials throughout the country to see if I am eligible, but these are experiments and may not work even if I am admitted. This is the last front I have to put up a fight.
I don't know why but another surgery seems like it is not an option. I have reached out for second opinions and alternatives.
I am just being completely honest at this point. I am not quitting but options are limited. My time seems to be limited, I don't know how limited. I have given extra ordinary effort toward this fight but I am without the tools to continue to do anything but make each day count. I am so sorry I could not will this into the happy ending that all of us wanted this to be.
I am willing to talk with anyone but it is exhausting and extremely difficult to try to explain this. It is easier to text or e-mail